It will be a gift for Alyssa's secret Santa partner at school (Mary Beth). Other than the notepad, all materials used were from my stash. Even so, I think it should fulfill the ten dollar gift requirement.
I highly recommend the pattern. It's clear, concise, and easy to follow, all the things I look for in a pattern.
Last week, the amazing clothes sewing Bonnie nominated me for the Nice Matters Award. Apparently, is it given to:
Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. ”
Awww, shucks!! How nice of you Bonnie! I'm so honored!!
A perfect example of real niceness, Bonnie recently gave a coworker a sewing machine as a gift and also included sewing lessons. That was a pretty amazing gift don't you think? It reminds me of that saying about teaching a man to fish.
And to continue the niceness, I am supposed to nominate seven deserving folks. I both love and hate this. I love spreading some love around, but I hate the thought of singling out seven, when I could easily name so many more. I'll just call this a partial list, 'kay?
- She's probably already received this because no "nice" list would be complete without her, my superhero, African Kelli. I'd say I want to be just like her when I grow up, but since I'm much older than her, I'll just say she inspires me to be better.
- A sweet lady, with a house full of beautiful daughters, Kristy. I hope you are feeling better soon Kristy!
- Megan is nice and funny and really, really smart. She takes pretty pictures too.
- Me'Lisa recently sent some coupons for Alyssa, saying she knew she'd be needing some maternity clothes soon. Thank you Me'Lisa, your timing was perfect.
- I know I've mentioned her many times before, and I don't want to seem to be playing favorites, but I couldn't leave off one of the nicest people I know, LLA, aka Bad Fortune Cookie.
- Not only is Monica super, duper nice, she's also hysterically funny and decorates a mean craft room.
- Though I could easily name at least seven more I'll follow the rules and finish off the list with Beth. She's so young and bubbly and always says the nicest things. She's also very creative- her craft room looks like a candy store. So pretty!