It's been on my list of things I wanted to do, forever! I finally did it. Not without the help of Mitch. Whenever precision is needed, I get him in on the job. He made my pattern pieces out of some heavy masking paper he uses for his paint jobs. That was the hardest part of the project. Once I had a pattern, cutting and sewing wasn't bad at all.
I made it from a drop cloth that I pre-washed (in bleach) twice. I made the piping from a slightly darker linen like fabric, just for a hint of contrast.
I gave it a pleated skirt.
I love it. I won't say it was an easy project, but it wasn't difficult either. Just fiddly and time consuming. I'll definitely be making more. Under this baby is a really ugly red chair, but it's comfortable. It rocks and swivels and cost me less than $20. Add about $15 for the cost of the drop cloth and piping materials- for less than $40, I've got a pretty cute chair.