I've been tagged to post seven random things about me. Since my sewing machine has seen no action in... I don't even know how long, here goes a bit or boring randomness. This isn't going to be easy, I'm such a blabber mouth when it comes to blogging, I can't imagine seven things I haven't already said about me.
- I love the beach, but don't really like going into the ocean. If it is unbearably hot, I may go in the water up to my knees just to cool off. Most days I sit in a chair in the sand and never even get wet.
- With age comes experience and wisdom from life experience. I find the older I get and the wiser I get, the less I feel like I really know. Did that sentence make sense? Let me say it this way. I used to think I knew things, the more I really do know, the more I realize I don't know very much. That one didn't make much sense either did it? Never-mind.
- Since this is random things, I watched Letters from Iwo Jima last night. Have you seen it? It was so deeply moving and sad and beautiful.
- Boy, I'm finding it hard to think of 7 even semi-interesting things about me this morning. How about one about my husband? He still has his first car, a 1968 Dodge Charger. He got it when he was 15, he's 43 now. I'm sure I'd have to go before the car would. We're the same age by the way, the car and I. 1968 was a very good year.
- I accidentally spilled half a bottle of vinegar on the kitchen floor this morning. Now my house smells like pickles. How random is that?
- I feel like I have two very distinct personalities and they are in constant conflict with one another. I have the part of me who likes order and discipline and wants things to be done and the other part who doesn't want to do what Miss Order and Discipline says to do. It's like I have a defiant child inside of me and she drives the adult in me crazy. Just call me Sybil. At least there are only 2 of me. I think.
- I get stung by a wasp at least once every summer.
I am going to sew today. I am. Really. I don't care what my defiant inner child says.