Bloggers and blog readers are the nicest people aren't they? I have been so touched by the kind and caring comments I've received this past week. I want to respond to each of them individually, because they do all mean so much me, but I'm having email problems.
I recently opened a Gmail account (thank you for the suggestion Linda). I love the way messages are grouped as conversations making it easy to see if you've returned an email. A great feature for an unorganized person like myself. Lately I've been getting an error message when I try to respond to emails. Usually the first one is fine, but after that I get this message that says my account has been locked down due to unusual activity. It lets me back on after a few minutes but it's frustrating when you have several emails to return. Here is a list of the potential problems they give me:
- Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP in a short period of time.
- Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that bounce back).
- Using file-sharing or file-storage software, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your account.
- Leaving multiple instances of your Gmail account open.
- Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it’s probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
I don't understand it, but I suspect my problem has to do with the POP thing, although, I don't think sending one email is a large amount. I use outlook express for my other email and I'm afraid I'll mess things up if I start blindly playing with the settings. Anyway, if you have some advice for me please leave a comment. I feel like my emails are being held hostage and I can't understand the ransom note.
Once again, if you've left a comment thank you. I hope to respond soon.