A couple of weeks ago I went around the house looking for green things to photograph in honor of St. Patrick's day. Today for no special reason I decided to look for pink. I knew it wouldn't be hard since pink is my favorite color.
I am grateful for today. Grateful that I opened my eyes to a beautiful sunny day. I am grateful that I was able to get out of bed and walk with ease and enjoy my cup of coffee. I am grateful that Mitch took Casey to school and brought home breakfast. I am grateful that I was able to walk out onto my back porch this morning and enjoy watching two squirrels run up and down an oak tree and hear a wood pecker hammering away at another tree. I am so grateful for all that is my life. Sure there are some things I would change but if changing one of the bad things meant also changing any of the good it surely wouldn't be worth it.
What makes me happy this week?
- SPRING and all that it brings (except pollen).
- Having lots of purse orders even if it does make me feel slightly stressed.
- Wool felt. I have never worked with wool felt before. I just thought felt was that stuff they sold in sheets that the kids used for school projects. I made my first pincushion using the real stuff and have found a new love! I didn't take a picture and now it is off in the mail. Maybe the recipient will take a picture.
- Spray paint. I have listed it before but now that it is warming up I'll be out in the yard with my can of spray paint so stay clear unless you want to be painted. Have you seen some of the colors they make spray paint in these days? I have used sweet pea (pink), aqua, and seaside green this week.
- Having sweet internet friends who do nice things for you for no reason. Like Tanya. She made me the cutest banner with daisies and a little yorkie for my etsy shop. Go check it out. And check out some purses while you're there. (is that a shameless plug or what?) Sorry. Just go check out the banner. You don't even have to scroll down to the purses if you don't want to.
- People getting excited about the pay it forward swap. Join us, please! The more the merrier. If you are interested email me with PIF in the subject line.
- Alyssa is going to be home this weekend and after her finals in May she is moving back home to go to school.
- Casey is doing really well with his guitar lessons and he loves it. Something we can both love for a change!
- And as you can tell from the picture above, pink!
***I have gotten a few questions about the PIF swap so I thought I would answer them here as well
Once we've made the gift can we send it to anyone we like in or out of the blogosphere?
It is up to you who you give the gift to. It would be nice if it is someone you would not ordinarily give a gift to.
Is there a suggested amount to send, large envelope full or anything?
No minimum. Since there will be peple matched up with people from other countries I suggest sending what will fit in a flat rate envelope to keep the cost of shipping down.
If you are reluctant to sign up because you don't know what to make some of the things that have come to my mind are, the little travel tissue holder, flower brooches, little zippered pouches, (there are some good tuts out there for all of these) Some of the things Kelli has done are bunnies like this one, aprons, flower pots, (not a sewing project but maybe you could somehow incorproate spring flowers and sewing??? be creative!), Fabric cards are nice. I received one framed from Beki once and it made my day. Other ideas are welcomed!